Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Travel plan

I'm planning for a trip to the UK, a kingdom with a delightful blend of arts, culture, heritage and theatre. London used to be my first choice, however, I changed my mind when I learned about this wonderful town, Stratford-Upon-Avon, in England while surfing internet the other day.

Stratford-Upon-Avon, located on the River Avon in Warwickshire County of England, is internationally renowned as the birthplace and deathbed of William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616). Shakespeare was born in a house on Henley Street and 52 years later buried, at Holy Trinity Church.

After London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, known as Shakespeare Country as well, is the most popular English destination for North Americans. With five historic houses linked to the Bard, two Royal Shakespeare Company theatres, and a wealth of other attractions, Shakespeare Country would definitely be my next destination.

What say you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!

Came here from Tunku Halim's blog, first-time visitor and all that.

Vote huh? I'd definitely go for Stratford-Upon-Avon. One of my friends visited the town and had much fun visiting the theatre houses (reconstructed, I believe).

However, you might want to check out the date when the RSC is playing in the theatres. Apparently they have off-season times when there are no plays held. It'd be a shame to go all the way there and not attend a play.

London, I've been to, and I love it too. There are plenty of musicals, plays and other arts events to go to. I believe I spent two days there just going to the theatre! ;)

Hope my vote helps!

Chris said...

Wow, very informative.
Thank you so much, that's very nice of you.

Your vote definitely helps a lot, mate. I shall start planning for the trip.

Cheers